At Cypress Engineering, we believe that serving our clients with the highest level of integrity and quality is what sets us apart. We keep grounded in faith and family while giving back to the greater Charleston community. In today’s fast-paced society, it is easy to get caught up in the Civil Engineering grind of working from one deadline to another and looking back to realize that years have passed and wonder what lasting impact you have made. Cypress Engineering encourages its team members to be intentional and look for opportunities to give back to their families and the Summerville and Charleston communities. There is a saying that goes “Work hard, Play harder”. Cypress Engineering promotes an atmosphere to “Work hard, GIVE harder.”
Shape Enduring Communities While Reflecting God’s Love
Cypress Engineering believes that in order to establish relationships and build trust with our clients, we must strive to understand and follow principles set before us in God’s Holy Word. These core values demonstrate how to LEAD and we feel strongly that if we uphold these truths, others will follow.
- James 1:19 – “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry”
- It is difficult to develop a design solution for a client until one hears their vision and the issues at hand. We feel that by listening to and better understanding our clients, we will be able to serve them best.
- Ephesians 4:29 – “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
- We feel strongly that words have a direct impact on work environment and culture. We encourage team members to choose their words wisely and build each other up even in tough situations.
Always Go the Second Mile
- Matthew 5:41 – “If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles”
- Dan Cathy, President & COO of Chick-Fil-A, summarizes this verse best: The first mile is about the transaction (it is expected as part of business), but going the second mile is what establishes a relationship.
Do it well
- Colossians 3:23 – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”
- We strive to do everything to the best of our abilities. Keeping in mind that every day holds a new opportunity to leave eternal footprints by the way we conduct business.
Why "Cypress" ?
Growing up in small town South Carolina, it was easy to fall in love with the outdoors and God’s beautiful handiwork. Bald Cypress trees thrive in wet, low-lying areas and are a common fixture in South Carolina swamplands. Their wide bases help cypress trees to stand tall and firm in the wet, swampy conditions.Cypress Engineering has a strong foundation in faith and is powered by the “Living” water that Jesus says in John 4:14 will quench any thirst. We hope and pray that by seeking God’s will, Cypress Engineering will be a reflection of His love to the world.
Psalm 1:2-3 – “But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prosper."