The Organizations/Ministries below are either attended by Cypress Engineering team members or come highly recommended by our business partners (They are not just for Civil Engineers). We encourage you to check them out!
The Bible Verses below have either been encouraging, motivating or challenging to both our Civil Engineering work and our personal lives. If you have a verse that is significant to you, please send us an email so we can add below.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- John 14:6 – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- Philippians 2:5-8 – Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death – even death on a cross!
- Romans 12:1-2 – Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Marie McLeod Shared: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-15 – God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So always do these things: show mercy to others, be kind, humble, gentle and patient. Get along with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you,forgive that person because the Lord forgave you.
- Dave Yensan Shared: Zeph. 3:17 – The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save you. He will take delight in you. He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
- Dave Yensan Shared: II Chronicles 16:9 – For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.
Books & Podcasts
The Books & Podcasts below have either been encouraging, motivating or challenging to us. If you have a resource that has touched you, please email us so that we can share.
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
The EntreLeadership Podcast (Dave Ramsey)